Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A rough patch...

I'm feeling quite disappointed with myself this week, given that I'm barely blogging and my eating has been less than healthy. Today I ate a chocolate croissant from Tims (wanted a tea biscuit, but they were out) and I'm dining out tonite and I dined out last night... basically, my social life is a bit out of control and totally revolves around food. How can I be successful with a schedule like this? And yet, I am totally in charge of my own time and life and have to look to myself to make good decisions about my health. I've fallen into this "but how can I make time?" trap and feel helpless about making any real change because of my "schedule." A big part of this is not being able to say no and being selfish about my time and how I want to spend it.

I realize now this isn't about a trip to Panama. It's about getting serious about how I feed my body and take care of myself. If others aren't happy with me because I say no, but I feel more in control of my life, will it be worth it?

No comments: