Thursday, January 3, 2008

2 days down...

I just finished my first 2 days on the GI Diet. I know the author says I shouldn't be hungry, but I was... probably due to the incredibly large amounts of food I was consuming prior to the diet. Do stomachs shrink like they say they do? Well already I feel like I can get by on a bit less. Yes!

One down note - yesterday I had a KILLER headache. Not sure whether it was from less calories, or exerting myself during the 5 seconds up/5 seconds down weightlifting method required for the Colorado Experiment. I remember reading how important it is to breathe to avoid the headache so I guess that's something I have to work on.

For breakfasts I ate oatmeal with berries; lunch was open-faced sandwiches, and tonite I made a recipe out of the GI Diet cookbook - citrus poached fish. Very tasty. Plus some new potatoes, veggies and a caesar salad made with a tahini dressing. I was happy to find it since I usually forgo caesar salads due to the dairy.

For workouts I did weights yesterday and yoga today. I actually went to the gym but the damn place was still closed for renovations and I was SO ANGRY that I huffed and stamped out. I can be such a baby sometimes. But then I went for a massage this afternoon and life was good once again.

So thought I would post my "before" measurements, in inches:
Neck: 12.25 (I felt a neck measurement was more of a man thing, but B felt it was important since I "have fat there," at which point he grabbed my double chin... grrr...
Bust: 37 (hopefully this number stays the same. I really don't want tubes instead of boobs)
Right bicep relaxed: 10 flexed: 10.75
Left bicep relaxed: 10 flexed: 10 (we are both confused as to how this is possible)
Waist: 34 (Mercy!)
Hips: 39 (Jaysus!)
Right thigh: 22.5 Left thigh 22

So there you have it.

No comments: