Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Hmmm... Is this working?

So after a week on the diet, I don't feel I've lost any chub. I know it's better to be sticking to a healthy eating plan regardless, but it would be nice to walk into work to exclamations of, "Hey! Did you lose weight over the holidays??" (I'm not sure what I was expecting after a week.)

One problem I'm having is that I'm eating a little too much of the green-light carbs. I'm allowed to have 2/3 cup of basmati rice and I'm probably having closer to a cup. I'm allowed 10 almonds and I have 20. That sort of thing. I think my biggest problem is not knowing what a serving size is. I also don't like being hungry; I get panicky like my limbs are going to fall off if my tummy grumbles or something.

Off to the gym after work with my trainer. I get to see the newly renovated version of the disaster zone I was training in before the holidays. Hoepfully there are lots of fellow chubs around to make me feel better.

No comments: