Friday, January 25, 2008

Newly washed jeans, newly damaged attitude

Is there anything worse than putting on a pair of freshly washed jeans, HOPING to God you'll realize that you HAVE lost weight as soon as you look in the mirror and notice a complete (or at least partial) absence of muffin-top? I really thought I'd throw on my jeans today and see a huge difference in comfort level and appearance, given that I've noticed some changes in other clothes... but OH NO, I could barely squeeze into them! Well, I have them on and they look fine but they aren't hanging off my butt in a way that others notice and say, "WOW! You really look like you've lost weight!" (Notice how concerned I am with what others think. Clearly this is Something I Should Work On.)

Last night I went out with a friend to the George Brown College Chef School restaurant (that's not what it is called) and for a relatively paltry sum, I enjoyed three de-LUSH-ious courses plus two tasty glasses of wine. Fine except I had always planned my cheat days for Saturdays and now they're are leaking into other days of the week. Not good! So while I enjoyed the meal, I feel a tad bloated today and hence, my jeans experiment failed. Miserably.

Whew! I feel better now. Thanks for listening.

No comments: