Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Oh, what a week...



Blah, blah, blah... isn't January just the most awful month of all? The weather is dreary, the sunlight is scant and work is INSANELY busy for me. I didn't deal well with the stress of last week and ended up eating larger portions of the meals on the GI Diet. On the positive side, I probably ate better than I would have had I not been on some sort of plan. I only worked out 3 times. I'm hopeful for this week but today (Tuesday) is turning out to be a tad on the trying side. I would LOVE to go home and pour myself a massive glass of wine and put back a plate of comfort food but I must... stay... on... track....

Yesterday I did well with my eating, but then last night I went to a baptism and afterwards B's friends ordered a massive amount of Indian food from Lahore Tikka. I LOVE Lahore Tikka and the idea of saying no to their scrumptious butter chicken was too much to bear. I downed a plate of food and a glass of wine and life felt good... until I got home and felt guilty, if not a bit nauseated.

I think the hardest thing for me is planning, or lack thereof. "Failing to plan is planning to fail, " as the saying goes. It's so true. I didn't make a plan for after the baptism, I was hungry and I ate. So I have another outing later in the week. Rather than just go whole hog at the restaurant, I'm going to eat well all day, limit myself to one glass of wine, and stick with souvlaki and veggies and potatoes. Skip the rice AND potatoes. On Saturday I'm teaching Reiki, so I'll bring snacks and a lunch instead of wandering into the health food store for a $7 bag of organic root vegetable chips. Saturday night I'm going out for a few drinks, but it's my cheat day so that's fine by me.

A thought: do I deserve a cheat day if I cheat a little all week? Wait... don't answer that.

No comments: