Sunday, January 6, 2008

Ah, Saturday. Cheat Day.

Similar to Tim Ferriss' decision to make Saturday his "cheat day," B and I are doing the same. I promise that if I stop dropping weight, I'll cut this little indulgence out. However, if I still lose weight I'll treat this day off from the GI Diet as a little piece of my old eating ways, if only to maintain some sanity. A life without beer, pizza, sushi, forever? I don't think so!

How did I spend my Saturday? B and I joined some friends for brunch at Sunset Grill on Yonge, where I enjoyed some scrambled eggs, potatoes, some thick toast and a few cups of coffee. Of course the best part of brunch is the ridiculous conversation, not the food, but I enjoyed eating what I wanted.

Then B and I jetted off to Vaughn Mills mall, the mega mall just north of Toronto. We were looking for The Deals, which we found. I got a great top at Holts Last Call (Elie Tahari top, almost 85% off... only way I could ever afford it); a puffy coat at Lacoste for CHEAP; a toque and gloves to go with the coat at Adidas; and a sweet pair of Nikes since B says my other running shoes are embarrassingly grandma-like. I was very happy with the excursion. B got a new pair of Nikes and some nice John Varvatos jeans.

But of course we got a bit hungry at the mall so we enjoyed a Teen Burger combo from A&W; a small gelato from La Paloma; and that night we munched on some soy sauce-soaked sushi and sparkling wine. After that day was over, woke up ready to get back on track!!

Sunday is the day B takes me through a butt kicking workout in his gym downstairs... today we'll be doing a Colorado experiment-style weight session. I bet I'll be feeling it for a few days. Hopefully the major soreness will be gone before my workout with my trainer on Tuesday.

Back to work after 2 weeks off tomorrow. I feel a bit anxious about getting back to my daily commute, early mornings and long days. Hopefully being on this "plan" will help me maintain some sanity.

Later...
B and I went to the gym. I can't honestly say my CE-type workout was a success (yet.) Despite a couple of months of working out, I've slacked and I'm probably not in the shape I should be in to do this type of intense workout. My form needs a bit of work. B tried his best to button his lip but I could tell he thinks this is going to lead to injury or worse... actually, I guess there's nothing worse than injury that could come from doing this aside from B and I getting into fights about my experiment. The 5 up/5 down cadence is HARD. My breathing needs some serious work. My hamstrings are so weak that I can't even do the exercises with good form with no weight. I can't lift my leg higher than 90 degrees!! How did this happen?

We both decided that 3 weeks is enough time to see if this can be done. After that I'll go back to my regular workouts.


B made me do these ridiculous jumping exercises. I look like a dork.


5 seconds up and 5 seconds down is so difficult. This isn't a posed pic.

No comments: